Dental Implant FAQ's
Smile Big with Dental Implants!
Anyone missing one or more teeth understands how tooth loss can make you feel uncomfortable about smiling or eating in public. You may avoid social situations and as a result, begin to feel isolated. This could impact your daily life and your self-confidence. smile big Current dental implant treatments can change your life. From a single missing tooth to an entire set of teeth, dental implants restore your appearance, speech, nutrition, oral health, comfort, and self-esteem. So smile big, eat what you want, and be a confident you!
Why replace missing teeth?
Losing one or more of your teeth creates a gap in your smile, affects your ability to chew properly, and can alter your diet and nutrition. In addition to these serious issues, tooth loss also causes bone loss.
Tooth loss causes bone loss
When a tooth is lost, the jawbone beneath it shrinks from lack of stimulation. Not only does losing teeth affect your smile, it also changes the shape of your face causing you to look prematurely aged.
Frequently asked questions
- What are dental implants?
- Dental implants are the standard of care for tooth replacement. They are bonded with the bone to provide permanent support for crowns and dentures.
- What will happen without treatment?
- Your jawbone begins to shrink from lack of stimulation. Losing your teeth will affect your smile and change the shape of your face, causing you to look prematurely aged.
- Who is a candidate?
- Dental implants can be placed in most adults. Adolescents may be eligible once their face structure has matured. Please ask your dental implant specialist to explain the benefits and risks to see if dental implants are right for you.
- Is implant placement painful?
- No, dental implants are typically placed under local anesthesia. Most treatments can be completed in your clinician’s office.
- How soon may I return to work after treatment?
- You may return to work the next day unless otherwise instructed by your clinician. You may be prescribed medication to alleviate any minor discomfort you may have.
- How long does it take to place dental implants?
- They may be placed in as little as 30 to 60 minutes depending on the location and the number of implants placed.
- What if there is not enough bone or gum tissue for the dental implant?
- A graft may be needed if your clinician determines there is not sufficient bone or gum tissue.
- When will I receive my new teeth?
- Treatment time varies by patient. Typically, you will have some type of temporary teeth until your implants bond to the bone. Your clinician can provide a time estimate based on your treatment needs.
- How do I care for my implants?
- Home care for your implants consists of brushing and flossing. Regular dental visits are required for long-term health and success.
- How long can implants last?
- Implants can last many years if cared for properly. Many implants have been in place for more than 40 years.
- What is the success rate of dental implants?
- BioHorizons dental implants have an extremely high average success rate (99.2%).1
- How does the long-term value of implants compare to other treatment options?
- Dental implants are low maintenance and provide stability and confidence in your smile. Therefore, the long-term value of dental implants far exceeds conventional treatment options.
- Are dental implants covered by insurance?
- Insurance policies vary but most cover a portion of the restorative procedure. Financing options are often available with competitive interest rates, and payments can be tailored to your budget.
If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to schedule an appointment, please contact us today. We look forward to providing you with the personal care you deserve.